Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Birthday girl!

Claire spent a VERY long time making this self portrait on the back patio.

She was very focused on making sure the details were accurate.  Check out the giraffe dress (that she used to wear and love but has now outgrown), the snowflakes on the umbrella that match her own, and the colored picture the chalk girl is holding.

I'm not sure where the idea for the green and orange heart pants came from, but the whole thing is amazing.

Claire wanted a Rapunzel birthday cake this year.  Here's my first attempt at making a cake completely covered in fondant.

Enjoying her birthday party at the Legacy Academy with her friends

Hard to get these motion shots in focus, and funny enough, I was standing too close and she ran right into me right after this picture was taken.  I have an extreme closeup in a different shot, but you can only make out the blue of her dress.  :)


Tower jumping

Weeeee!

Getting ready to blow out the candles

Keeping her birthday wish a big secret so it will come true. 

Happy 5th birthday Claire!

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Good job on the cake. I've never tried to work with fondant and I don't think I ever will.