Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Wesley's Bedtime Story

Every night, Daddy or I tell Wesley a bedtime story (after we've read books and he's in bed with the lights out).  Tonight, I asked him to tell me a story instead.  Here's what he said:

Once upon a time, there was a big Mommy named Kim (I think this is because I start every story with Once upon a time, there was a little boy named Wesley) and she was outside gardening on her pear tree.  Then, the pear tree speared! 

(Mommy: "Speared?"  Wesley: "Yes, speared."  Mommy: "Do you mean 'disappeared'?"  Wesley: "Oh yes, disappeared").  The pear tree disappeared. 

Then, the whole house disappeared.  Then, do you know what happened Mommy?  (Mommy: "No!  What happened next?")  Then... there was a dinosaur!  (Mommy: "gasp!")  But, then the dinosaur disappeared too.

Then, do you know what happened Mommy?  (Mommy: "No, what happened?")  Then, you disappeared!  (Mommy: "Oh no! Where did I go?")

You went to jail!  (Mommy: "Oh dear, why did I have to go to jail?"  Because you were bad, Mommy.  You made everything disappear!  The End.

No comments: