Tuesday, April 10, 2012

3v3 Soccer

Wesley's first soccer game is on Sunday. He's on the U4 (3-4 year old) team in a league where they play 3 versus 3. His team name is the Polar Bears, and there are six kids on the team. Unfortunately, no coach was assigned to the team and the league has informed the parents that we will be required to organize the games (with help from the referee).

Not wanting Wesley, or any of the other kids who may have never played before, to have a horrible first experience with a sports team, I volunteered to be the team's coach. I feel a little like I was suckered into it by the league (since they also stated that several teams had MULTIPLE coaches), but with only six games (and potentially six practices), it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Plus, the practice ideas I found online look like fun for the kids.

Hopefully the parents of 3 and 4 year olds won't have yet developed the ability to scream, rant, and rave at their children, the coaches, and the referees (like the older kids' parents). Wish me luck, and I'm sure we'll be posting soccer pictures soon. :)

1 comment:

napaaqtuk said...

You're braver than I am. Although at that age it'll be most showing them basics and then watching them have fun, right? And maybe this way you'll get to sit back and watch the other parents coach during the more competitive years. Well played!