Saturday, August 15, 2009

Aunt En and Uncle Mar visit

Aunt Ann and Uncle Mark stayed with us last week before heading off to college this fall. Wesley couldn't really say either of their names yet, but he tried. Ann came out as En and Mark was Ma. Maybe Mar, but probably closer to Ma.

While they were here, we took a trip to the zoo, took Wesley to the Jersey shore for his first experience with sand, watched some movies, and basically just spent time together. We hadn't seen Ann since Christmas because she was studying abroad in Scotland. It was a lot of fun getting to see them both again. Ann took most of the pictures, so I can't post those until she sends them to me, but here are a few I took until then.


Ann and Mark brought some sweet corn from home with them. Wesley had tried a few bites of my corn when we were in Maine, but he got his own ear for dinner in these pictures.


I took some videos of this dinner too and I'll post those later. Hopefully you'll be able to here the loud crunches in the movies as he bites into the ear. It was hilarious.


Picking at the kernels with his fingers.


Making sure I'm still watching. Check out that end of the ear! He's really cleaning off the corn well.


I tried to convince him that the green end wasn't really all the yummy, but he kept wanting to try it anyway to see for himself.


Aunt Ann showing Wesley how it's done.


Yum!


Aunt Ann reading to Wesley.


This book is Wesley's new favorite. There are buttons on the right that make sounds like different insects (bee, cricket, cicada, grasshopper, mosquito, and beetle). He loves this book. Thanks Grandma!

1 comment:

Samantha said...

I was just thinking about good midwest corn the other day--looks delicious!