Monday, February 2, 2009

"Up in the sky" explanation

I've had a couple of comments about the "up in the sky" photo, so I have to explain it more. Charles asked me to take that picture specifically because that's the view he sees every morning when we drop Wesley off at daycare.

On the way to daycare, I sit in the back seat with Wesley while Charles drives. Once we get there, I pull Wesley out of his car seat into my lap and put his coat on. His winter coat is too bulky for him to wear while he's in the car seat. (We cover him with a super thick warm blanket and pre-heat the car, if anyone out there is wondering how we keep him warm) While I'm putting on his coat, Wesley is straining to see if Daddy is coming to get him yet. Once he sees Charles, he starts giggling and squirming like crazy. He knows what's coming. After wrestling to get his coat zipped up during the squirming period, I let Charles know we're ready. He opens the car door and scoops Wesley up into the sky. Every single day, Wesley finds this absolutely hilarious and amazingly fun. He laughs and laughs at being held above Daddy's head in the air. So, Charles always gets a clear view of an extremely happy Wesley wearing his winter coat and hat against the blue sky. And, he wanted a picture of that for his desktop at work. Hence, the "up in the sky" picture.

On a side note, I accidentally left the ISO speed set on the highest setting, so the picture turned out pretty grainy. I don't remember why I had turned it up so high, but I'm pretty bummed that it sort of ruined the printable quality of this photo. We'll just have to take another one to replace it. Regardless, it's a great picture of him laughing, so I had to share with everyone.

No comments: