Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving weekend

Wesley's Thanksgiving meal of sweet potato chunks.  I was feeding these to him one at a time but put the whole plate on his high chair for the picture.  He loved it and immediately grabbed and squished pieces with his hands.  Most ended up in the bib of his overalls.  

Mommy and Daddy's Thanksgiving dinner.  Starting at the bottom and going around clockwise: herb stuffed turkey, potato sour cream biscuits, wild rice stuffing (with cherries, apricots, and pecans), sweet potato casserole topped with marshmallows, corn bread pudding, green bean casserole, and cranberry sauce (from a can).  (not shown: ginger pumpkin cheesecake) Yum.

Wesley hanging out near the newly decorated Christmas tree.  (The hair dryer on the floor is there because we had just finished sealing the windows, not because we leave it under the tree.)

Why do you keep taking my picture Mommy?

What's the doggie barking at now?


Talking to Mom about something interesting.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Ahhh... sealing windows. That takes me back to my house in Wisconsin! I'd never heard of sealing windows before that. We don't even have double-pane windows here in San Diego...

Our Thanksgiving meal was similarly "neutral" in color with a splash of red and green (though your green must be hidden under the casserole topping). I don't know if this is something I've noticed before and forgotten, but it felt like this was the first year I realized how un-colorful Thanksgiving food is. Your wild rice stuffing in particular sounds yummy! And ginger pumpkin cheesecake seemed to be the "in" thing this year (we had pie, but I considered making a ginger pumpkin cheesecake (still may--have the cream cheese for it), and I think that's what my sister had with her in-laws).